I have always been a picky eater, especially when it comes to vegetables. I only really like a handful. If you add snow peas and broccoli to this recipe, you’d have all the veggies I can tolerate! Which makes this paleo salmon and veggies recipe a perfect choice for when you’ve been bad and need to kick your diet back into shape.
I’ve made it a few different times and cook it slightly differently each time. I got the base recipe from The Paleo Cookbook. Theirs requires a grill and I’ve done mine in the oven which requires some tweaking. Let me know how yours turns out!
Paleo Salmon and Veggies Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into half rings
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup of baby carrots (I like them still crunchy. Slice them in half if you want them to be a softer texture like the other veggies)
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp pepper
This is the size I recommend keeping your veggies. Cutting them up any smaller and they tend to lose some of the juice and flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Add pepper to lemon juice and mix
- Spray a pan lined with foil with non-stick spray.
- Lay salmon out on the pan and drizzle or brush the juice onto the salmon until the tops are coated.
- Combine veggies in a bowl and pour in the remaining lemon juice. Season further as to your tastes and coat the veggies thoroughly.
- Spread the veggies out on another pan lined with foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook veggies in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Add the salmon and cook both for 16 more minutes.
For a non-Paleo touch, I sometimes like to sprinkle breadcrumbs on the top of the salmon for a little texture.
(Also, we finished these right away and I forgot to take an after picture! So the pic in the Pinterest image above is a stock image.)