There is nothing more delicious than ground turkey paleo. This ground turkey paleo recipe is an amazing way to use your leftover turkey in the fridge. Many families love to make paleo turkey chili as well especially during Thanksgiving. Once Thanksgiving was over, they didn’t want to waste the turkey leftover. Since making paleo turkey chili is so easy and surprisingly satisfying, many people use this recipe all year round to be enjoyed with family and friends!
This article will guide you how to cook your turkey leftover after Thanksgiving. Thanks to the easy recipe of paleo that will come to rescue your leftover. If you are worried that the recipe will take as many efforts as a cooking dish for Thanksgiving, you need to get rid of that feeling right away. It’s truly a piece of cake crockpot paleo recipes with ground turkey that will indulge your palette!
This ground turkey paleo recipe can be for 4 servings. Here are the ingredients that you will need and the instructions.
What you need:
- Leftover of turkey meat which can be dark or white
- 5/6 roasted chili peppers or poblano
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2/3 carrots, cut diced
- 2 onions in medium size, diced
- 2/3 quarts vegetable stock, chicken stock, or broth of Kettle & Fire
- 2 teaspoons cumin of ground
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or Celtic
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon of powder’s arrowroot
How to cook paleo ground turkey
- First, you need to prepare a large crockpot. Then put carrots, stock, poblanos, turkey, and onions.
- Second, cook them in 4 to 5 hours.
- Third, add salt, oregano, and cumin.
- Fourth, prepare a small bowl with arrowroot and 1 tablespoon of water to make it more Slurry.
- Fifth, stir them into a crockpot. After that, cook them in another 1 or 2 hours until it is thick.
- Sixth, take cilantro to garnish it.
How to serve
This is the last step of cooking ground turkey paleo recipes. You can use any kinds of chili peppers to be put in this delicious dish. But, we will remind you that do not choose a type of chili that is way too hot. If you are curious about what arrowroot used for, it is actually used to thicken the soup. The thicker it is, the more delicious the dish will be. You are free to do your own experiment to make this dish with or without chili. You can also try to have a certain thickness that you feel much more delicious.
You can share your tips and trick in cooking ground turkey paleo recipes with us. Don’t forget to share how long your meat of cooked turkey last in your fridge. Maybe some other people wonder how long the turkey can be kept safely in the fridge since many families will not get bored to eat this dish in the next few days. You can reheat it in the oven before you begin to eat it again. You can look for another version of easy recipes of paleo to help you cook the turkey leftover in some different seasonings.